Have some leftover ground sausage from these delicious appetizers? If so, this homemade pizza recipe is perfect to use up the rest of it. We’ve been loving making pizzas at home lately with our new grill technique (see link below) and this sausage, pepperoni, jalapeño combo was a delicious recipe to add to our list! What toppings do y’all prefer? Share in the comments below – I’m looking for another recipe to try out next time we’re hosting at our house.
Sausage, Pepperoni & Jalapeño Pizza
1 pizza crust, homemade or store bought
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 cup pizza sauce
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
pepperoni slices, to top
cooked ground sausage, to top
1/2 jalapeño, minced
1/8 cup white onion, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
shredded parmesan, to garnish
- Preheat grill to high heat setting.
- Lightly dust pizza pan or baking sheet with corn starch to prevent pizza crust from sticking then place the pizza crust on the pan.
- Coat pizza crust evenly with pizza sauce then sprinkle with garlic.
- Evenly layer mozzarella to cover the crust then add pepperoni, sausage, jalapeño and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pizza pan or baking sheet directly on the top rack of your grill (or see alternative option here if you only have one rack).
- Close the grill cover and cook pizza until the crust is golden and cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, garnish with pamesan, slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Makes about 8 slices.